Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Which of my senses is the most/least trustworthy

After reading How We Listen, and listening to Colors I feel like my least trustworthy sense would be ophthalmoception, which is sight. I believe this because when i see something my eyes can be interpreting this in a completely different aspect from someone else who is looking at the same object. Even if we discuss what we see, their view of this can still be completely different. We can be looking at the same object and only recognize the colors we are each able to see and our entire life we've only known the colors we have been able to see. Even if they're wrong in our eyes, we don't really know.  Someone else can possibly see much more or much less of that object depending on their color deception. Just the fact that some people are born without being able to see at all makes me wonder... However, I think my strongest sense, or most trustworthy, would be tactioception, which is touch. I think this because no matter if l am blind or not, we will all be able to feel exactly what a figure is like physically. Sometimes it might take longer to realize what a figure was like physically, if you were blind, but that just depends on the shape, texture and a few other things. Regardless of what the shape of this item is, I can still figure out if this object is smooth, rough, hot, cold, or even pleasant and painful. 

1 comment: